Public Works Department
The City of Leesville Public Works Department is located at .
Natural debris, including limbs, leaves, pine needles, etc. are routinely picked up and hauled away by Public Works crews. All items are loaded by hand, sometimes by only a one-man crew, and citizens should keep this in mind when putting their debris out for collection.
- All debris must be stacked near the curb and easily accessible.
- Small debris such as leaves and pine needles should be bagged in clear plastic bags.
- Limbs must be cut into pieces less than 4 feet in length and less than 50 pounds each.
- The debris must be kept separate from any other trash – if there is man-made trash in the pile, it will not be removed by Public Works until it has been properly separated.
Water and Sewer Service
Public Works maintains the city’s water and sewer lines. They are responsible for the lines up to the meter / sewer connection, while the citizen is responsible for any damage on their side of the connection.
If your problem is with billing, or you want to establish new service, you must contact the Water Department at Leesville City Hall.
Problems with water or sewer lines should be reported directly to Public Works at (337) 239-2995. After hours, calls will be answered by the 911 Dispatch call center who will contact the “on-call” personnel for immediate attention.
Waste Water Treatment Plants
These plants employ a process that uses various chemicals and filters to purify waste water so that it can be safely returned to nature. The treatment plants use strict standards, including weekly samplings and constant attention, to ensure the public’s safety.
Storm Drainage Systems
Drainage systems are monitored by city employees to ensure they are always clear and unbroken in order to prevent flooding within the city.
Maintenance of City Property
Public Works maintains the City’s streets, sidewalks, rights-of-way and alleyway easements.
- Repair potholes and other damage to the streets, curbs and sidewalks.
- Sweep city streets, removing litter and natural debris, during the early hours between 2 am and 11 am.
- Mow grass and cut trees along the rights-of-way.
- Remove trash and maintain cleanliness and order on all property that falls under city jurisdiction, including parks, alleyways, and other public locations.