- Administrative Departments
- Finance Department
- Tax Collection & Accounts Payable
The Accounts Payable office receives all invoices and statements for the City and processes them before issuing payments.
City taxes are assessed based on the property value as calculated by the Vernon Parish Tax Assessor. Taxes are levied each year based on the property's value on January 1st of that year.
The City cannot alter the assessed value. If you feel the value of your property has changed, please contact the Vernon Parish Tax Assessor.
- Notices are mailed out in November.
- Property taxes are due by December 31st and become delinquent on January 1st.
- Beginning in February, late penalties will be assessed at 1% interest each month.
For your convenience, we offer several methods to pay your tax bill:
- We accept payments for water service, property taxes, permits and occupational licenses at the Water Department window.
- Cash, check, money order or debit/credit card payments are accepted. (An additional service fee of $1.50 will be charged when using a debit/credit card.)
- Payment for any service can be mailed to us at P.O. Box 1191, Leesville, LA 71496.
- Check or money order payments are accepted.
- Located behind City Hall; drivers should enter from West South St.
- Payments should be placed in an envelope along with the stub from your bill.
- Please do not place cash in the drop box. It is easily lost or stolen and then we’d only have your word on it.
- Pay online at https://leesvillela.mygovhub.com/#/.
- Credit/Debit Cards only (A service fee of $1.50 will be charged for each transaction.)
- Pay by phone at 337-239-2444.
- Credit/Debit Cards only (A small service fee will be charged).
Based on state legislation, La. R.S. 33:2841.1, the Mayor's office has recently contracted with a company that specializes in third-party government tax collections in order to secure payment of delinquent property taxes.
The company is contracted to:
- Locate delinquent taxpayers
- Mail delinquency notices
- Generate all tax sales related to events
- Process payments
- Provide taxpayer customer service through its call center
- Conduct online tax sales
These new services cost neither the City nor the timely taxpayer anything, however,
delinquent taxpayers will be assessed collection fees, pursuant to the state statute, in addition to the regular 1% monthly interest.
The schedule of additional Delinquent Collection Fees for unpaid taxes:
- February 1: $121.50
- March 1: $ 90.00 + Mail Cost
- April 1: $ 37.00 + Mail Cost
- May 1: $100.00
If all efforts to collect the property tax fails, the property may be seized by the city and sold at auction.
Seized properties are listed with CivicSource.com to be sold to the highest bidder.
Anyone interested in participating in a tax sale may register online at CivicSource.com. The website provides a searchable list of properties with a plotted map, satellite images, and the amount of delinquent taxes owed.
Any questions concerning your City Taxes should be directed to the City Tax Collector at 337-238-2255.
All questions concerning the assessed value or mailing address of your property should be addressed to the Vernon Parish Tax Assessor’s Office at 337-239-2167.
Please view our list of frequently asked tax-related questions.